OkRx Privacy Statement
Last Modified: November 18 , 2022.Introduction
OkRx is a web-based portal designed to help individuals and their caregivers obtain reimbursement for medications, devices and procedures. The OkRx web portal is operated by Leven System Inc (“Leven”, “we” or “us”) a corporation based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. OkRx is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. Our privacy philosophy is based on principles found in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.Scope
This Statement of Privacy Statement applies to the OkRx website (https://OkRx.ca) and governs data collection and usage. By using the OkRx website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.Personal Information We Collect Without Logging-in
When you use this website, we may collect personally identifiable information including but not limited to:
- Hardware, Software and Network Information
- Your IP address, browser type, domain names, operating system, internet service provider (ISP), access times, referring web site address, page navigation and clickstream behavior
- Web Server Logs
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we may collect about you.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- We also may use local storage such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we may partner with to provide certain features on this website may use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local storage.
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location. Your browser may use various technologies to determine location. You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
These technologies are used to analyze trends and gather demographic information about our users. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by companies such as Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis.Personal Information About You We Collect After Logging-in
The main type of information we hold about you is your name, your practice information, your college and license number and how you use the OkRx platform.
Any correspondence we receive from you may be uploaded electronically to your OkRx record.How We Use the Personal Information Collected About You
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Provide personalized website content based on your preferences
- We may obtain and use data about your precise location where you give your consent (through providing us access to your location). We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- We use your email address and/or phone number to contact you with occasional updates about our services to you and subject to your right to opt out at any time.
- Based on our legitimate interest in managing and planning our business, we may analyse data about your use of our products and services to, for example, troubleshoot bugs within the OkRx portal, forecast demand of service and to understand other trends in use, including which features users use the most and find most helpful, and what features users require from us. This does not involve making any decisions about you - it is only about improving the OkRx portal so that we can deliver better services to you. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions will apply at all times.
- Responding to questions and communications, or obtaining your feedback about our Services;
- Preparing reports for any of the purposes described in this Policy, including for current or future sponsors, advertisers or other partners to show utilization or trends about the use of our Services. Such reports may include demographic or other general user information, but will NOT include personally identifiable information unless the recipient has agreed to confidentiality obligations;
OkRx will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Leven or the OkRx site;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Leven
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Leven or the public.
The main type of information we hold about your patients is their health and financial information.
- Health information includes, medications, symptoms, treatments, and procedures. We get some of this information directly from you, when you enter information into the OkRx web portal, and we get some information from your patients if they elect to add information to the OkRx web portal after being invited to do so by you.
- Financial information includes, insurers, and costs of medications, medical devices or procedures you have been prescribed. To access some services or programs you will need to share information about your patient’s income, the income of their family and/or household, their dependants, their costs of living, any costs associated with costs of medications, medical devices or procedures they have been prescribed, if you elect to use the OkRx web portal to facilitate your patient’s enrollment and ongoing communication with these services or program we will collect this information.
Patient information you provide to us through our portal services is used and disclosed as necessary to provide our Services and as otherwise permitted by these Terms of Service, including the Personal Information Protection agreement attached to and incorporated in these Terms of Service.How We Protect Personal Information
OkRx does not store your personal health data on your computer or mobile device (you may elect to download information to your device from time to time but this is not required for the OkRx web portal to work). We store all your personal information on secure servers.
OkRx has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to Leven employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
We will protect personal information stored on the website’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (e.g., firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Although we use recognized industry safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration and every effort is taken to ensure that no one else will see or obtain your personal data, complete confidentiality and security is not yet guaranteed over the Internet. Internet use and communication is subject to interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Leven Systems shall not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of personal information over the Internet, and that any and all communications will be at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at [email protected]How You Can Protect Your Information
To keep your data protected, you should make sure you have a strong password, change your password frequently and keep your password safe. The OkRx portal stores and presents information on your most recent login and tracks what data has been viewed. If you have any concerns, contact us at [email protected]Third Party Integrations
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect company and customer feedback. Leven encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected]
You may also write to us at:
Leven Systems (OkRx), ATTN: OkRx Privacy Officer, 2360 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Ontario, L6H6M5